ssisted Florida Mining Corporation with preparing and obtaining various permits which included SWFWMD Individual Water Use Permit, FDEP NPDES Industrial Wastewater Discharge Permit of Non-Process Water, FDEP Environmental Resource Permit as well as United States Army Corps of Engineers and County permits for a 1004-acre lime rock mine in Sumter County.
As part of this project engineers, hydrologists, and hydrogeologists designed a water management program to evaluate and manage surface water and ground water systems. The project team also prepared and environmental assessment and monitoring program to evaluate the impacts of the limestone mining operation on the natural environment. Project activities included:
- Developing a finalizing scope of services for the project and performing project management, coordination, and project planning activities.
- Assisted client with identifying environmental issues setting project goals and objectives for the project, and project permitting efforts with SWFWMD, FDEP, USACOE and Sumter County.
- Implementing a quality assurance and quality control plan for ensuring the quality of the data, models, assessments and reports generated as part of this project.
- Preparing computer models to simulate dewatering of active mine pits and mounding associated with on site water storage.
- Designing and implementing an environmental monitoring program to collect scientific and legally defensible surface water and ground water data.
- Evaluating effects of dewatering and mounding of surface water on local hydrological systems. This program included installing and monitoring a ground water, surface water and ecological monitoring network.
- Preparing monthly and annual environmental monitoring and assessment reports discussing trends in surface and ground water.
- Preparing annual wetland assessment surveys to document baseline and future condition of jurisdictional wetland and to evaluate the effects of the mining operation on these systems.
- Performing water budgets, water quality analysis, flood plain studies and flood frequency analysis, and calibrating and executing hydrologic modeling.
- Designing and constructing water control structures.
Water Use, NPDES Industrial Wastewater and Environmental Permitting.
As part of this project engineers, hydrologists, and hydrogeologists designed a water management program to evaluate and manage surface water and ground water systems.